Failing and Winning

"I would prefer even to fail with honor than win by cheating."
-Sophocles

Related image

I agree with Sophocles. I also feel the same way. I really liked the two examples that were shown to me. The racer who cheated and won. The guy who lost, but politely congratulated the winner and his father. Not only did the racer cheat, but he cheated by abusing his horse. Animal cruelty is a huge CTW thing. Unlike the racer, the guy that lost didn't get mad or give the winner mean faces, no he did none of that. He congratulated him and told him to be strong. He also went to go hug the winner's dad. It's amazing how people can be. Compare both the ctw and the ctr person and I'm sure you can see what Sophocles is saying. This is why I agree with Sophocles.

Comments

Popular Posts